Sunday, October 27, 2013

I *heart* Blackpool.

I have never been to Blackpool before, so when my friends said they were going there for the weekend, Ed and I decided to go adventuring for a couple of days. I'd heard mixed reviews of Blackpool, some people said it was a dive and very tired around the edges, whilst others said that there was a lot of fun to be had there. 

Blackpool certainly lived up to the latter of those views! I love seaside towns that are a little shabby around the edges, you can't help but get enveloped in the English seaside nostalgia. There was so much to see and do here, one night there was nowhere near long enough to explore this place.  



I had always wanted to visit The Comedy Carpet in Blackpool, but I had completely forgotten about it. So as it loomed ahead of me, when I was walking along the front, I was incredibly happy. This is an amazing piece of art and I would recommend going to see this for yourself because it is so beautiful. The Comedy Carpet refers to work from over 1,000 different comedians and it squeezes over 160,000 granite letters in 2,200m2 of embedded concrete. If you are a lover of typography I don't think you will want to leave! I only managed to tear myself away when I started to get really chilly from the sea breeze.

I can't wait to visit Blackpool again.
Hope you have had a wonderful weekend <3

Much Love
xKirstx

No comments:

Post a Comment