Sunday, September 29, 2013

Harvest Day at Attingham Park.

As it is my birthday weekend I got to pick the Saturday adventure (no real change there hehe), so I decided to go to the Harvest Day at Attingham Park with Ed and my parents. The weather was warm and sunny, which made a change because usually my birthday weekend is shrouded in rain, so it made it really special to be able to get out, get some fresh air and a walk around the beautiful park. 

The walled gardens at Attingham Park are absolutely beautiful this time of year. I could spend hours there meandering around with my jealousy slowly building at how large their pumpkins and squashes are, how lavish the heads of cabbage and how intoxicating the huge herb beds. The work the National Trust must put into this immaculate garden is absolutely amazing and I dare anyone not to feel their green fingers becoming inspired leaving this place. 

(... and yes I know Ed and I accidentally 'co-ordinated' our trousers, that's what marriage does to you.)  








I love snatching the last few summery weekends of the year, they always feel special because you can remember them over the chilly winter months. 

Hope you are having a lovely weekend full of adventures. I am going to have a pj day and wait for Ed to get home so I can open my presents!

Much Love 
xkx

No comments:

Post a Comment