Sunday, March 3, 2013

Our First National Trust Adventure of the Year!

I just renewed our National Trust memberships, a lot of the houses don't open until March/ April so we have been itching to get out on adventures. We decided to go to Calke Abbey, as it isn't too far away, this was our second visit and it was as amazing as the first. Calke Abbey is known as the un-stately home and it shows the unique story of a stately home in decline, as the money and the status ran out. The rooms are packed full of random 'stuff' from taxidermy to fine antiques. We even had a meander around the gardens which were a little bare this time of year but lovely non the less. 

I treated myself to a new camera this week, a rather tasty Fuji X100, and this was my first trip out with it. I am super happy with it, it was really intuitive, even for a technophobe like me! Just can't wait to get out with it more this year!!!

I had such a lovely weekend, was so nice to get outside in some reasonable weather. Roll on the summer *yey*.

Hope you had all had a lovely weekend <3

No comments:

Post a Comment