Friday, March 22, 2013

Kitchen Glamour - The Zingy C Exfoliator.

Kitchen Glamour is my new weekly post where I will be sharing my homemade cosmetics that I have created from items that you probably have in your kitchen cupboards. I will be posting Kitchen Glamour every Friday to give you little sparks of inspiration so you can look fabulous for your weekend of adventuring. Alongside the recipes I will also show you some of the more random ingredients that I make sure that I am never without. The vast majority of Kitchen Glamour will be Vegan friendly too. 

This is The Zingy C Exfoliator and I found it has been my salvation in battling against wintery skin. A ripe kiwi fruit is the main ingredient in this for 2 reasons: the first being that I only like to eat under ripe kiwi fruit so I needed to find a use for the ripe ones, and the second reason being that kiwi fruit are amazingly nourishing for your skin! The kiwi fruit is bursting with Actindin which is an enzyme that dissolves protein, this means that it is a natural chemical exfoliant that powers through the dead skin cells on your face. Kiwi fruit also have super high levels of vitamin C and E, this means that this fruit is an awesome antioxidant and that plays an important role in supporting the production of collagen. Even the little black seeds are useful as they are stuffed full of omega 3 acid and alpha lipoic acid which can help balance out the oil in your skin and give it a slight tightening effect which helps to reduce those pesky large pores! 





So all you need for my Zingy C Exfoliator are sugar and a ripe kiwi fruit. Peel the kiwi fruit and mash it up with a fork (you could use a food processor or a pestle and mortar if you want to crack the goodness out of those little black seeds). Once you have a nicely squished kiwi fruit then this one is really up to you and how much extra exfoliation you want. 

Add between 2-4 tbsp of sugar to the kiwi pulp. I use caster sugar because the grains are small and I find that it is quite gentle, Demerara would be a lot more scratchy for example because the grains are larger! Start with adding 2tbsp then see if you are happy with the consistency, if not add more. Once you have a mix you are happy with apply in circular motions to the face (over a sink is preferable unless you want a fruity bathroom floor). I take off the excess and leave on my face for a few minutes then rinse off with warm water, but if you have the time you could leave it on for 15-20 minutes then wash off. Watch out for the sticky bits under your chin too! Finish off with a flurry of facial moisturiser and you are ready to go out on the town with your glowing skin. 

Hope you have lots of lovelyness planned for the weekend. We are off to take Doris for her MOT retest tomorrow *eeep*.

xkx

No comments:

Post a Comment