Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our Lovely Holiday is at an End.

Our holiday is sadly over, but it has been a super lovely 3 days. The B&B was nice, the weather held up and we found an amazing fish restaurant which is probably one of the best places I have ever eaten!  


Our day trip to Whitby to yesterday lived up to all my expectations, like I said in the previous post I have wanted to go there for years. It was so quaint and had so many little quirky shops, the local jet that was on sale was spectacular unfortunately I have expensive tastes and couldn't quite stretch to the pieces that I liked. I can't wait to go back and spend more time there so we can explore more and have an adventure to the abbey on the cliff. 


After our meal yesterday night we walked back to the B&B along the harbour and we came across these spooky boats all lit up. It was amazing how big these beasts look out of water.



On our way home today we stopped by at York to break the journey up a little bit. I decided to take nine snaps of the minster and try and glue them together and this is what it turned into. York is such a gorgeous city full of ghosts and history. We did a ghost walk last time we stayed there and it was really entertaining, nowhere near as scary as the ghost walk we did in Edinburgh though, I don't think I have ever been that scared in my life!

Anyway I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment