Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Audio Book Review - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.


Well I have to say that I have had a super lucky audio book month this month! Both books I downloaded I have given 5 stars. I had seen this book reviewed on a couple of blogs I had meandered on a few weeks ago. So when I had my last credit of the month to spend I saw I had scribbled the title of this on my notepad and went for it. And oh my, am I pleased I did! 

I have a kind of quirky little belief that sometimes a book that finds you when you most need it and this little book found me when I most needed it. This is a really beautiful book, the characters are like flowers that bloom and wilt in front of your very eyes. It is bold and John Green is not afraid to be honest about the challenging topics of teen cancer, but he entwines this with a heart wrenching love story that would make Shakespeare envious. The plot is quite pacey, which I really enjoyed, but also dripping with meaning and thought provoking gifts. 

I could not recommend this book highly enough, it is just beautiful and enlightening and even though it was written for the young adult audience I think that it has something for everyone. I really wish that I could listen to this book for a first time all over again.   



No comments:

Post a Comment